I’m not sure who started this up as a writing prompt, but I know earlier in the month I saw quite a few people write about their personal gaming spaces, and thought I’d use this to get through the tail end of the month. So here’s what my desk area looks like:
In this picture you’ll see:
- A 32″ Vizio LCD HDTV. I purchased this initially for my PS3, but it has doubled quite effectively as a computer monitor. I do enjoy games on a larger screen, this is for sure. Unfortunately this doesn’t have the clairity of some higher end monitors, nor can it run any resolutions over 1920×1080, so eventually I’ll have to replace this for a real monitor or a nicer TV. I haven’t decided which option I’ll take yet.
- My PS3 sitting on top of a Printer that isn’t mine (same goes for computer parts stacked in the corner, slightly offscreen).
- Logitech Z213 Multimedia Speakers (or equivalent, mine are colored differently).
- Logitech F310 Gamepad. It’s as if A Playstation controller had an Xbox Controller’s baby. Level sticks instead of offset (PS), Xbox button scheme (A,B,X,Y).
- Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS Gaming Mouse.
- Corsair Raptor K30 Gaming Keyboard.
- My gaming PC, with the following specs:
- Asus Z97-AR motherboard
- Intel i7 4790K Quad Core Processor
- Patriot Viper DDR3 16GB Ram
- Corsair 860 Fully Modular Power Supply
- Corsair H110i GTX Liquid CPU Cooler
- Asus 16x Blu-Ray Writer
- Thermaltake Core v71 Full Tower
- 500 GB Western Digital Blue Harddrive (backups)
- 2 TB Western Digital Black Harddrive (games)
- 128 GB Samsung SSD (boot drive)
- Asus Nvidia GeForce 770 GTX
A couple of decent upgrades happened between my initial build and now. I ended up taking out one of the 500 GB hard drives and replacing it with a 2 TB. The video card was also upgraded a bit from the 750ti to the 770 GTX, which gave a noticeable performance boost. I will probably upgrade this again in the future, especially if I get a new display. I wouldn’t mind trying 2k resolutions. I do enjoy having the ability to swap between my console and computer on the fly, but I really want to get a second monitor for a number of applications, and intend to get on that sometime in the near future.
So there you have it, my humble setup.
There’s no daily run today, as I went on a trip out of town for the weekend to see family. My sister is moving out of state and I wanted to see her one last time before that happened. I have scheduled this post and the last of the month ahead of time, and there’s no way to do that for those dailies. I had originally planned to only do them for the entirety of Blaugust, but I think I might try and keep it going into the future. I like doing it, and so I’m going to continue as long as that stays the case. Expect a new run on Tuesday most likely.
2 thoughts on “My Gaming Space”
[…] anyone posting about their gaming spaces recently, as Izlain mentioned in his own contribution here. But it struck me as something both interesting and gaming-related, so on a whim I snatched up my […]
[…] Who else share their space?: Syl´s gamer space: http://mmogypsy.com/2015/08/gamer-space-blaugust-30.html Izlain´s: https://gdub4.wordpress.com/2015/08/30/my-gaming-space/ […]
Comments are closed.