Allow myself to introduce… Myself.
This website has been long standing, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that all that many people have seen it. That is to say that I’m not presumptuous enough to assume that I have a huge reader base. Based on stats and interaction, I know there are some regulars but we’re not raking in piles of affiliate link dough around here. Doing something for a long time doesn’t necessarily garner success, but this blog and the writer behind it both feel good about the small successes they have had. With that said, welcome to Me vs. Myself and I — one blogger’s space on the interwebs to talk about things that matter to him. I’m Izlain, by the way.
I’ve participated in Blaugust each year it’s been a thing. This year is no exception. I’m not normally a post-every-day kind of person, but I’ve taken up the challenge to do so each summer, and each summer it has been a rewarding experience. With my current work schedule I expect this year to be more of a challenge than those passed, but I will soldier on regardless. Here’s what you can expect around here during August:
- Video Games and Magic: The Gathering posts. This is the format the site has taken for the last couple of years and it works. Expect more of the same with some caveats.
- This month the annual Commander pre-constructed decks release, and with that spoilers are coming. Typically when a new set is being spoiled, I will just follow along and notate cards I want to talk about and then make a post after the spoiler season is complete. This time, in an effort to help out with Blaugust post counts, I’m going to do multiple posts on the topic. Spoilers are slightly more relevant the day they are spoiled as opposed to a couple of weeks later as well.
- I will be on vacation for almost two weeks during the month. I suspect there will be little time for posting on those days, so I am going to get posts written and scheduled ahead of time. You shouldn’t notice that I’m gone at all.
- Where am I going? I will be at Magic Fest Las Vegas for 2nd year in a row (thought last year they were still referred to as the Grand Prix despite being the same thing). I seriously doubt I will be able to live blog, but it’s likely that I write something about the event once I’m back at home.
- One major difference for me personally this year is that I feel like I’m a bit spent on the “mentor” aspect of the event. It was a welcome idea last year when Belghast threw this event together and included dead events like the Newbie Blogger Initiative, but honestly I don’t think I have anything else to say on the topics of what or how to write. So for me at least, there will be less focus on the writing prompts and mentorship duties. However, you can have a gander through my archives and I’m sure there’s something helpful in there. I’ll be in my corner over here doing my own thing, but that’s how it’s always been — for nearly fifteen years now!
I’m not the only one doing this thing though, Belghast has rallied the troops new and old, and there’s a significant list here of things to read and I’m sure some of the other mentors will still have sage advice to give:
- Aywren – Aywren Sojourner – Mentor
- Belghast – Tales of the Aggronaut – Mentor
- Bhagpuss – Inventory Full – Mentor
- Chestnut – Gamer Girl Confessions – Mentor
- Izlain – Me vs. Myself and I – Mentor
- Paeroka – Nerdy Bookahs – Mentor
- Roger Edwards – Contains Moderate Peril – Mentor
- Stargrace – NomadicGamersEh – Mentor
- Syp – Bio Break – Mentor
- Wilhelm Arcturus – The Ancient Gaming Noob – Mentor
- everwake – Everwake’s Internet Journey – Newbie
- Kaylriene – Kaylriene – Newbie
- Quin – Where The Monsters Are – Newbie
- Remus – ..in the mind.. – Newbie
- Tea – Cooler on the internet – Newbie
- TheRoyalFamily – Dating Sims on the Holodeck – Newbie
- Alli – The Parent Trope – Participant
- Ammo – Ammo’s Rambles – Participant
- Ashgar – Ash’s Adventures – Participant
- AvvaN – TechJoy2Day – Participant
- Beau – Home of Beau Hindman – Participant
- Dan/Magimos/Magi – Indiecator – Participant
- Dragonray – Azerothian Life – Participant
- Jen – Book of Jen – Participant
- Kabalyero – Kabalyero – Participant
- Kim and Phil – Later Levels – Participant
- KnifesedgeGames – Knifesedge Blogs – Participant
- Krista – LeeksEverywhere – Participant
- Mailvaltar – Mailvaltar – MMOs and other stuff – Participant
- Naithin – Time to Loot – Participant
- neschria – The MMOist – Participant
- Rakuno – Shards of Imagination – Participant
- Rambling Redshirt – Beyond Tannhauser Gate – Participant
- Sandrian – Aeternus Gaming – Participant
- SDWeasel – Unidentified Signal Source – Participant
- Shadowz – Shadowz Abstract Gaming – Participant
- Shintar – Going Commando – A SWTOR Fan Blog – Participant
- Stingite – The Friendly Necromancer – Participant
- SunnyBunny – Can I Play Too – Participant
- Telwyn – Gaming SF – Participant
- UltrViolet – Endgame Viable – Participant
Here is a quick summary of the Blaugust 2019 Links as well. It’s not too late to sign up, from my understanding you can even sign up late and do catch-up posts to meet the participation goals.
- Blaugust Full Post
- Blaugust 2019 Sign-Up Form
- Blaugust 2019 Schedule
- Blaugust Discord
- Blaugust Media Kit
- Blaugust 2019 Twitter List
Let the festivities begin!
One thought on “Blaugust 2019 Kicks Off”
Reblogged this on DDOCentral.
Comments are closed.