August just flew by, didn’t it folks? For those of you who made it through the slog, congratulations. This is I believe the third or fourth time I’ve managed to do the full gamut of posts during the event, so I’ll pat myself on the back for that. Some items learned during this year’s Blaugust:
- I didn’t follow the schedule at all. I made one post that was on theme with Bel’s schedule with the developer appreciation bit.
- I didn’t really mentor anyone, don’t know if that means I should lose the status.
- I was in my own little world, not mentioning WoW Classic once. Well, now I just did.
- This year was the most difficult to get out all 31 posts. Having a vacation in the middle of the month made for a mini-marathon just to have posts scheduled.
- I enjoy blogging, but I cannot keep up this pace. Some days I was reaching for something to write about.
- Despite many passions, sometimes I don’t feel like writing.
It was a long month that passed quickly and I am glad that the marathon is over. I’ll be returning to my 15 or so post a month schedule that has served me well in the past. I’ll probably go silent for a couple of days unless the bug strikes me sooner. I know there were some drafts I didn’t end up publishing that I may work on, but for the most part I am spent at this point.
That’s really all I have. It was nice to see the community come together again around this event, but once again the attrition will likely set in. Not to sound like a downer, but these are facts. Hopefully some of you stick around for the long haul. I need stuff to read.
2 thoughts on “Blaugust 2019 Wraps Up”
I think next year i will just sign up as a participant, not a Mentor. I was on Discord before Blaugust started but after my latest health escapade I forgot all about it for the best part of two weeks and when i remembered I still didn’t log in. Whatever “mentoring” I did consisted of posting dubious advice and trying to comment on and link as many blogs as possible. I think that’s more “support” than mentoring.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Reblogged this on DDOCentral.
Comments are closed.